Sunday, August 30, 2009

White Enchiladas with a Twist

I love white enchiladas, they are very creamy and delicious. I decided to change things up a little this time. I wanted to try different flavored chicken inside the enchilada. So I made three variations along with the original.
The three variations were, Franks Hot Sauce, Wingers Hot sauce and Mandarin Chicken.

The ingredients and recipe are pretty simple.

3 chicken breasts shredded
1 pint of sour cream
2 cans of Cream of Chicken
1 small can of diced green chilies  
2 Tsp of  chili powder
1 pound of shredded jack cheese
12 flour tortillas


Mix chicken, green chilies and half of jack cheese together
 In separate bowl mix sour cream, cream of chicken and chili powder together. 

Fill each tortilla with about 2 spoon fulls of chicken mixture (or as much as you want). Tightly roll the tortilla and place in a 12x9 inch glass pan. Keep them close together so you can fit all of the enchiladas in. Once you have all the enchiladas in (sometimes we use another glass pan if there isn't enough room for all the enchiladas in one pan). Then cover the enchiladas with the sauce. Place the remaining cheese on top of the enchiladas. Put in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees

Side note: I had a half a pack of cream cheese sitting in the fridge so I added it into the sour cream mix, I honestly couldn't tell a difference. 


The variations that I made were pretty simple also: 

Franks Hot Sauce: After I shredded the chicken I put it in a Zip-lock bag and added enough of Franks Hot Sauce to cover all the chicken. I then put it in the refrigerator to let the hot sauce soak in for about 6 hours.    

Wingers Hot Sauce: To make the wingers hot sauce you get frank hot sauce, for this recipe I used about 3/4 of a cup of franks hot sauce and about 1/4 cup of brown sugar. I warmed both of the together in a small pot. Then after all mixed together I let it cool for about 5 minutes then added sauce and chicken in a Zip-Lock bag in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for 6 hours.

Mandarin Chicken: I wish I could say that I made the mandarin sauce myself but I just bought it from the store (It was the Panda Express brand). I just added it to the chicken in a Zip-Lock bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for about 6 hours also. 

I made the different chicken enchiladas in the same glass pan. I changed up the orginal recipe in the other pan just by adding Zesty Ranch Seasoning, about 2 tbls. It made the white sauce a lot more flavorful. 

I really enjoyed all of the different chickens, I 
must say my favorite was the Wingers Sauce, chicken. My wife loved the mandarin chicken enchilada.  












                                                                  














 













  













  (From left to right, Franks Hot sauce, Wingers Sauce, Mandarin Chicken)









































No comments:

Post a Comment