Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu

This week I decided to make a "fancy" meal. So I went with chicken cordon bleu. Unfortunately the chicken breasts that we bought from Sam's club are a little small so I couldn't use the ham steak that I like to use in this recipe. I was instead forced to use deli ham. This is a very simple yet delicious recipe that I got from Brandon and Katie Lowe.

Recipe:
-    4 chicken breasts
-    4 slices lean ham
-    4 slices swiss cheese
-    1 can cream of chicken soup
-    18 oz. package cream cheese

Pound the chicken thin with a meat tenderizer between two sheets of cellophane. Put the ham and cheese in the middle. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Mix and pour cream cheese mixture over rolled chicken. Bake at 325 for 1 ½ hours. 5 mins before it’s done, take out of the oven and top with mixture of 3 tble spoons melted butter and a half cup smashed ritz crackers. Sprinkle on top and finish baking.

Like I said, I usually use Ham Steak with this recipe and since the breasts were so small we made 7 instead of four. Next time I make the regular sized chicken cordon bleu I'll post the
pictures on this post.



























 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Josh and Kelli enjoyed the Chicken immensely, as you can tell from Josh's face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment