Monday, October 19, 2009

Omelets

I love breakfast, it is the best meal in the world of meals. My favorite breakfast food is the egg, and my favorite form of the egg is the omelet. Not only do you get eggs but you get the delicious filling as well. In my case I like lots of meats, sautéed onions, cream cheese and avocado in mine. Its a fine are to be able to make the perfect omelet. Too often you'll see omelets that are brown and crusty on the outside. Through my time tested techniques I will show you how to make the perfect omelet every time.

Ingredients:

Eggs (how ever much you want)
Pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)
really... you can put in whatever sounds good. Experiment, you'll never know what you like until you try it.

Put eggs in a lightly oiled pan on medium low. Making the perfect omelet takes patients. Let the egg cook until the bottom begins to solidify, with a spatula gently lift one of the edges and let the raw egg on top drain onto the bottom, repeat this until there is very little raw. Then very carefully flip the omelet over like a pancake. At this point you will put in your fillings, (whatever they may be). Then flip half of the omelet to cover the fillings. Turn off the heat, and cover pan with lid until the cheese is melted. Take out and enjoy. Side note,in this omelet I used 4 egg whites and one whole egg, that's why the egg looks so light.


















































John and Krysta love breakfast, but not as much as me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment