Sunday, October 25, 2009

Philly Cheese Steak

I was in the mood to make something really easy. I was watching man vs food and he ate a huge philly cheese steak, it made me want to make it because it looked so delicious. I decided to make it and I was very delicious.

Ingredients:

Thinly sliced rib eye steak (or if you want to save a LOT of money, do what I did and use top sirloin)
White onion
Cheeze whiz
Provolone cheese 
Hoagie roll

On a griddle or saute pan saute onions (and if you like bell pepers) in about 1/4 tablespoon of butter. Cook until they are soft and then set aside. On high heat cook the thinly sliced meat, season with salt and pepper. This should take about 5 minutes, while still on griddle place two slices of provolone on top of the meat until it melts. Toast the hoagie roll, then place the meat with the melted cheese on the hoagie roll. Place the sauted onions on top also. Warm up the cheese whiz and put it on one side of the hoagie rolls and then put the sandwhich together and enjoy. Cheese whiz is a must! I was skeptical at first but it adds an amazing texture to the philly cheese steak.



1 comment: