Sunday, January 31, 2010

SUPER BOWL Jalapeño Apetizers

This recipe was introduced to me by my brother Monty on Christmas day. I made them for a get together that I went to and they were a hit. These are a perfect appetizer for any event. Don't be fooled by how simple these look, they are abosolutely amazing!


Ingredients:

Cream cheese (softened)
Jalapeños
bacon
little smokies  (you will need two little smokies for each jalapeño)

Directions:

  1. Buy as many Jalapeños as you need, cut them in half lengthwise, then remove the insides.  
  2. Fill the jalapeños with cream cheese 
  3. Place a little smoke on top
  4. Wrap in a half slice of bacon. I decided to cook the bacon for a little while in the microwave because the last time I made them the bacon wasn't cooked enough for my liking. ( I put the two pieces of bacon in the microwave in the oven for about 50 seconds). 
  5. Brush on your favorite BBQ sauce 
  6. Cook in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment