Sunday, November 28, 2010

Apple Pie

Since Thanksgiving was this week I knew I would have left overs today so I took pictures of the pie that I made. It's one of the best pies I've eaten and one of the easiest I've ever made.

Ingredients:
6-8 baking apples (depending on size) I used 2 Granny Smith, 2 Braeburn, 2 Fuji
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup white sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
very tiny pinch of salt
2 tbsp butter
1 egg, beaten
ready to use pie dough (I used Pillsbury)

Directions:
  1. Peel and core apples. Cut into quarters and then cut each quarter into 5 equally sized pieces. 
  2. In a large bowl add lemon juice, sugar, nutmeg, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon
  3. In a 9 inch pie pan put down the first pie crust.
  4. Pour in the apples
  5. dot the top with butter
  6. Put the other pie crust on top and pinch the sides together
  7. Brush the top with an eggs wash and slice the top crust with whatever design you want. 
  8. Lightly sprinkle the top with sugar. 
  9. Place on a pan covered in foil because the juices can spill out. Put in a 375 degree oven for an hour or until the crust is a golden brown. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment