Sunday, November 7, 2010

Enfrioladas

 I realize it has been a really long time since I posted a recipe. Lo siento.

I was wanting to make a really good/authentic mexican dish. I was talking to Alecks (who is from mexico) at work and he suggested I try making enfrioladas. I'd never heard of them and when he described them to me they didn't sound that good. Trust me..... they are money.


Ingredients:

Tortillas
2 chicken breasts
1 lime
Cilantro
Tbls chili powder
1/4 cup of Olive oil
1/2 table spoon honey
2 cans of black beans
Queso fresco
Sour Cream

Chicken Marinade
Mix together in a blender, half cup of cilantro, honey, chili powder, olive oil, juice from one lime, and salt to taste.
Marinate chicken for 24 hours.

Cook chicken in crockpot on low for 4-5 hours or until thoroughly cooked.

Enfrioladas.

Warm tortilla fill with 1/4 cup of chicken and cheese. Roll tightly and place seem side down in a greased glass pan. Cover with black beans. Sprinkle queso fresco on top.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Garnish with sour cream.













1 comment:

  1. enfrijoladas are money indeed although we always make ours with corn tortillas folded enchilada style.

    ReplyDelete